- Existing Home Sales are up 10.3% year-over-year across the country.
- Sales rose to an annual rate of 5.59 million marking the 10th month in a row of year-over-year gains
- Prices are up 5.6% year-over-year in the U.S. to a median price of $234,000
- Marked the 41st consecutive month of year-over year price gains.
MONTHLY MARKET REPORT, JULY 2015
For the Naples / Bonita Springs / Estero Market Area
• Closed sales during the 12 months ending July 31, 2015 appear to have stabilized, increasing less than 3% over the 12 months ending July 31, 2014.
The number of closed sales is impacted by availability of product as well as pricing.
• Year-to-date closed sales are maintaining a steady pace, up 3% over prior year.
• Closed sales priced above $2 million remained strong through the first seven months, up 11.5% over the same period in 2014. During the past 12 months, the number of sales in this category is up 13% (475 vs. 419).
• Available inventory on August 1, 2015 consisted of 4,286 units, down 5.8% from prior year.
• The number of new listings placed in inventory is consistent with prior year. However, due to the rapid absorption of product, many areas remain under supplied.
• The average list price over the past 12 months is $564,256, up slightly from the average of $550,380 a year ago. Median list price increased 11.8% over the same period.
AVERAGE AND MEDIAN SALES PRICE
• Average price of sales closed during the month of July increased 26.8% over July 2014, while median closed price for the month is up 19.6%.
• Average price of sales above $2 million increased 13.3% over the past 12 months, from $3,519,987 to $3,988,761.
“The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database of Southwest Florida MLS, Copyright 2015, and the proprietary compilation of that data by John R. Wood Properties, its employees, and professional statisticians
hired by the Wood firm. Accuracy of the information is not guaranteed; it should be independently verified if any person intends to engage in a transaction, relying on such data.”
• There were 4,055 new listings placed on the market in the second quarter, down 4% from Q2 2014. (Exhibit 1)
• Pended sales decreased 4% in the 2nd quarter 2015 vs. 2014, going from 4,881 in 2014 to 4,699. (Exhibit 1)
• The reduction in inventory has helped move pricing upward due to the steady demand for homes and condominiums in the Naples / Bonita Springs / Estero markets. (Exhibit 3)
• During the 2nd quarter of 2015, there were 4,190 closings, down 1.25% from the 4,243 units closed in the 2nd quarter of 2014. Closing pace in the second quarter of the year is typically the highest, as it reflects sales that occurred during the seasonal months of the year. (Exhibit 2)
AVERAGE / MEDIAN SALES PRICE
• The average sales price for the 2nd quarter of 2015 was 7.3% higher than the average in the same quarter last year, moving up from $503,843 to $540,427. (Exhibit 2)
• The median price for the 2nd quarter of 2015 was 16.6% higher than the median price in the same quarter last year, moving from $271,667 to $316,667. The higher rate of increase in median price reflects the distribution of sales moving to higher pricing tiers.
MONTHS OF SUPPLY
• Months of supply is reflective of the supply / demand ratio in a market. A market is typically found to be “in balance” at a 6 to 12 months supply of product.
• Months of supply for 2nd quarter of 2015 is approximately the same as last year for the same period. The current 4 months’ supply of product indicates a sellers’ market which is supported by the diminishing inventory and rising home prices. (Exhibit 3)
QUARTERLY NUMBER OF CLOSED SALES (Exhibit 1a & 1b)
• There were 82 closings on the beach during the second quarter, down from 99 in Q2 2014. The decrease was due to lower inventory rather than diminished buyer interest. Monaco Beach Club recorded the highest number of sales with six closings in the building. (Exhibit 1a)
• The number of sales on the bay increased 31.6% over the same period 2014, with 25 closings vs. 19 a year ago. Highest sales activity on the bay occurred at Harborside West where there were three closings, the same number as Q1 2015. (Exhibit 1b)
QUARTERLY AVERAGE SALES PRICE – CLOSED SALES (Exhibit 2a & 2b)
• Average sale price of closed properties on the beach during Q2 2015 was $1,494,320, approximately the same as second quarter 2014 when the average was $1,493,657. (Ex 2a)
• Average sale price of closed properties on the bay during the quarter was $528,544, down 5% from Q2 2014. (Ex 2b)
QUARTERLY AVERAGE PRICE PER SQUARE FOOT – CLOSED SALES (Exhibit 3a & 3b)
• Average price per square foot increased in both beachfront and bayfront properties. Beachfront prices were up 8% while bayfront units rose 4% over second quarter 2014. (Exhibits 3a and 3b).
At the end of the second quarter, there were a total of 10 units for sale on the bay and 46 available units on the beach, a decline of 54% on the bay and 45%
on the beach. This indicates approximately a one-month supply on the bay and a 2.8 month supply on the beach based on the number of closings in the past
12 months. Sellers who have been waiting for more favorable market conditions before putting their properties on the market should consider doing so at this time.
This report is intended to give a broad view of market activity and trends among waterfront condominiums on Gulf Shore Boulevard. Buildings on the beach and bay vary significantly in size, condition, age and amenities, and this can impact average sales price and average price per square foot. Buyers and sellers are advised to seek the help of a John R. Wood Properties sales professional for information regarding any property in which there is specific interest.
Aria at Park Shore
The splendor of coastal living with magnificent Gulf and Venetian Bay vistas encompass this refined and spacious Aria Residence. Luxurious offerings include marble floors, volume ceilings, whole house sound, a soft neutral palette & multiple terraces encouraging indoor/outdoor living. The great room enjoys gulf views & breezes thru window walls & screened terrace. Stunning crystal lighting illuminates the main gallery to the formal dining room topped with an elegant crystal chandelier. The chef’s kitchen is appointed with bar area, island, custom cabinetry, granite, gas cook-top, nook & breakfast bar. A fireplace highlights the open family room flowing to a wraparound terrace with colorful bay vistas. A sumptuous master suite enjoys a private Gulf terrace and luxurious marble bath. A study with custom built-in library & desk plus two more spacious guest suites with terrace capture glistening bay views. Aria amenities include a beachfront pool, a state of the art fitness room, spa, sauna, massage, billiards room, 24/7 security & pet friendly. Boat docks available for purchase, unit includes a private 2 car garage in the garage!
Aria at Park Shore – MLS 215021263